Dark, rich Compost made from fully composted dairy manure, the product has been screened. It is virtually weed-free and high in nitrogen.
Best For: This is an excellent soil amendment for new lawns or for top-dressing an existing lawn.
Yard Pride Compost
This is a quality product made from leaves, grass clippings and other organic materials. It is also low in pH and salts and high in organic content, nitrogen and trace elements.
Best For: This Compost is excellent for amending gardens and flower beds.
Soil & Soil Mixes:
Fine native topsoil pulverized then screened to ease home hand-shoveling projecs.
Topsoil Yard Pride Mix
This product is a special blend of our finest Topsoil (80%) mixed with
our quality Yard Pride Compost (20%) resulting in a product perfectly suited to raise the level of your existing flower beds or for raised beds or berms. This product is ready for planting.
Best For: Raised beds, berms or existing flower beds and can be planted directly into.
Topsoil Dairy Mix
This product is a special blend of our finest Topsoil (80%) mixed with our quality Dairy Compost (20%).
Best For: This product is for raising the level of your ground before you sod or seed. Good for raised beds and berms too.
What is Compost?
- Compost originaly comes from high quality dairy manure or biodegradeable green waste. The raw materials are taken and placed into an optimal environment for beneficial compost organisms to transform these raw ingredients into a highly nutrient soil amendments.
- Our Dairy Compost is made from 100% animal manure which has long been prized for its highly nutrient content and fertility-enhancing properties. And, unlike some agricultural composts which are simply “aged” manure, the “turned-windrow” composting method that we use ensures the high temperatures needed to kill weed seeds and pathogens.
- Our Yard Pride Compost is made from organic matter such as leaves and grass. The resulting product is dark-humus and high in organic matter and provides the macro and micro nutrients for healthy root growth.
- Since the raw material is turned frequently it allows the micro-organisms to break down the material. This process generates heat up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit so at the end of the process the compost is 98 -100% weed and pathogen free.
What does Compost do?
- Compost is high in nutrients meaning plants can get an extra boost from using it. It can also be sprinkled on lawns to give grass a boost as well as tilled in to existing beds or gardens. Another benefit to this environmentally safe product is that it also reduces thatch.
- Having a pleasant earthy aroma, our Compost is ideal for vegetables, flowers, trees, shrubs, and lawns. Generous applications of compost will increase the moisture-holding capacity of sandy soil and will improve the drainage and aeration of heavy clay soil. It also encourages deeper root growth for a lusher, greener lawn.
- “Feeding the soil” with compost also provides a steady supply of humus and essential nutrients resulting in more vigorous plants with greater resistance to disease, pests and drought. Using compost to maintain soil fertility often eliminates the need for synthetic fertilizers and pesticides.
- Compost adds micro-nutrients, organic matter and tilth to the soil.
How much do I need?
- Recommended depth is a 3 - 4 inch layer of Compost
- Application Rates:
- New Lawns: Prior to sod or seed, apply 3 - 5 cubic yards per 1000 square feet. Till into soil, level out to a final grade and lay sod or seed (Recommend our Topsoil Dairy Mix)
- Established Lawns: Top-dress ¼ - ½ inch or 1 cubic yard per 1000 square feet as an excellent fertilizer (Recommend our Dairy Compost)
- Established Gardens or Beds: Apply 1 - 3 inches in spring or fall and till in deeply. Application over a number of years yields best results(Recommend our Yard Pride Compost - if put on top OR our Yard Pride Compost - if tilled into existing soil)
- To find out exactly how much you need feel free to call us